We are very experienced in managing redundancies effectively. Support the full process, draft the documentation and coach you through the restructure.
Redundancy situations are complex for any business to deal with, as well as being emotionally charged and legally risky. They are complex because they require organisations to divert resources away from the issues that have raised the prospect of redundancy, require consideration of the very structure of the business as well as the skills base that represents the business in its current form.
They are contrary to conventional business thinking – looking for opportunities and growth – and force companies to self-analyse and adopt a defensive position which causes unease because of the impact on a business’ skills base and the position that may leave the business in should market conditions improve.
Furthermore, redundancy situations by their very nature are time pressured and carried out in circumstances where good human resources practices can be overlooked with the more pressing concern of saving the business.
Organisational restructures and redundancies are also emotionally damaging for all concerned. From the individual who loses their job, their security and sense of worth, the managers who have to look at colleagues and tell them that their role is “at risk”, right through to the individuals who survive the process and feel guilt at not being pushed out, all have their own reasons for anxiety and upset. The consequences for getting it wrong can be devastating.
Redundancy is seen as a quick method of dismissal. As a consequence the legal hurdles for conducting a fair process are much higher. Failed consultation can result in specific fines, lengthy tribunal proceedings and will be carried out under a process where you may have to prove you acted fairly.
Click HR Ltd offers you robust and professional help in complex redundancy situations and adds independence and distance to decisions of who is at risk of redundancy at a point when these decisions can feel all too personal. We can provide you with assistance through the planning and implementation phases as well as post-redundancy support for the business and where required offer assistance to your ex-employees looking for new opportunities.
TYPICAL REDUNDANCY PROJECTS CAN INCLUDE:
- Organisational forward planning – structures, headcount and costing
- Advice and guidance on selection criteria for a fair redundancy process
- Template letters – letters for staff, guidance notes for managers, employee F.A.Q. documents, redundancy process documents
- Workshops with managers on how to handle redundancy meetings and managing interaction with staff during the process
- Workshops with staff at risk on CV construction, interview preparation and securing new employment
- Calculation of redundancy payments
- Advice on obligations for redeployment
- Managing and advice on tribunal risks